Friday, May 20, 2011

Swing Away

Back in the olden days when i was just a young pup we liked to have fun in the sun, one of the many things we would do on a nice sunny day was play croquet. Everyones heard the saying its all fun in games till someone gets hurt. This is true and i know it from experience. We were playing croquet with my family and i would have guessed that i was in a safe spot out of the way that my brother would be swinging the mallet. A few seconds later that was not the case he swung the mallet like we were playing golf. Ooops cant really remember what happened after that probably cause of the need of stiches and staples to my head.
 You would think i would have learned from one experience of this but nope my brother didnt think it was enough, this time we actually were playing golf and i was either to close or my brother just swings weird but to my suprise i was wrong again, there goes some more staples to the head that i didnt want.

Morale of the story? You better teach your brother how to swing before playing a game that involves something that could hurt you. As much as i would love to blame this accident on someone else it could only be blamed on me. I was in control of what i was doing and where i stood. I thought i was safe but then reality opened up and i was not safe. As we go through life we get put in situations were we have choices, what we choose should rely heavily upon our surroundings and what we have been taught. I learned from my mistake of standing at the side of my brother and walking behind him and i learned from that one time i dont need to get hit again to learn where i should stand. As we put our faith in Jesus Christ we learn more of his teachings and that should lead us to following his commandments. We have choices of right and wrong in this life that are clearly sepearated with a fine line, they dont merge together, it is our choice to decide which side we want to stand on.

No comments:

Post a Comment